Mincon™ HDD Hard Rock Pilot Hammers are designed around proven technology to perform at the top end of the performance scale compared to other tools on the market. While providing the most complete range of pilot hammers, Mincon also provides their world class design and technology including:
Key Features and Benefits
- Dual steering point design incorporating slanted drill bit and 1° - 2° bent sub provides more responsive steering capabilities while transitioning in and out of rock formations.
- High frequency hammer cycle transmits less vibration that can be detrimental to sensitive electronics. Rock formations fracture into smaller pieces which are easier to flush out of the bore hole. Less Stress Transmits to pipe joints and gearbox assembly reducing maintenance requirements to drill. Provides the most effective steering in any pneumatically powered HDD system.
- High pressure/high volume compressed air powers drilling operations and requires minimal torque and feed pressure loads on drill machine increasing overall life of drill.
- Shorter body design compared to competitive models allows for easier steering in the bore hole and less rotational stresses on hammer body.
- Existing DigiTrak® locating electronics can be used with no additional cost to the contractor.